How To: Installing Google Search Console
- January 19, 2018
- Google Marketing, Local Google Traffic, Local Search Optimization - SEO - LEO, SEO, Tips and Tricks
Do you know the current health of your website? Are you aware of all the different keywords your website may be ranking for? Google Search Console is an effective tool that can help you answer yes to these questions and more.
As a business owner, your website is one of the most important lead generation tools you have. Potential clients will be visiting your website after finding you organically in Google search results, as well as visiting your website directly from your Google My Business page.
Because of this, it is incredibly important to know the current health of your website and to know what to do to fix it if there are problems so you aren’t missing out on any valuable leads.
To install Google Search Console on your WordPress website, follow these simple steps:
- Perform a Google search for “Google Search Console” or navigate to com/webmasters/tools
- Paste the URL for your website into the box and select “Add Property”
- Select the “Alternate methods” tab
- Fill in the bubble next to HTML tag
- Copy the meta tag provided for you here by Google
Once you have completed these steps, you will need to add the meta tag to the header of your website. This can be done for a WordPress website that has the Yoast SEO plugin installed and activated by:
- Finding the Yoast SEO plugin on the left side menu
- Selecting the “Webmaster tools” tab
- Pasting the copied meta tag in the blank box next to “Google Search Console”
If your WordPress website does not have the Yoast SEO plugin installed and activated, follow these steps to add the code to the header of your website:
- Find Appearance on the left side menu
- Select Editor from the drop-down menu
- Find the Theme Header on the right-side menu
- Paste the copied meta tag in the text box immediately before the </head> tag
After you have saved the meta tag on your website, go back to the page where you have Google Search Console pulled up and click the “Verify” button.
Once you have completed the installation process, you will be able to access more information about the health of your website, domain and server under the “Crawl Errors” section and more information about your current keyword rankings, clicks, and impressions under the “Search Analytics” section.
As SEO and Digital Marketing experts, our teams use Google Search Console to monitor the health and progress of our client’s websites and online presence, adjusting strategies as needed, to make sure each and every one of our clients are getting the most out of our one of a kind program!
A thriving Canadian entrepreneur. A loving father and husband. A blossoming philanthropist. The CEO of an innovative Digital Marketing Agency. Johnstone has mastered the art of digital marketing on numerous platforms (Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram - to name a few) which has given him the unique ability to assist hundreds of loan officers, realtors, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance agents with growing their businesses online. He continues to grow his skills and hone his craft and is ready to bring you up to speed on the latest and greatest in the digital marketing world!
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free
one-on-one marketing consultation with our team of digital marketing experts
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Benefits of Using AI in Marketing Your Business February 28, 2023
- How To Book Your Calendar Solid November 30, 2022
- Special Guests on the Loan Officer Wealth Podcast October 26, 2022
Pingback: 5 Reasons Your Small Business Website Doesn’t Generate Sales – My Blog