Google Posts – Writing Posts for Your Google My Business Page
- July 17, 2017
Many of you are familiar with Google+ pages and may be using them for both personal and professional purposes. In the past, posts created on Google+ pages could have been used in conjunction with Google My Business pages to increase your company’s web presence and ultimately promote your brand.
These Google+ pages are still active and the content previously posted on these pages is still published, however, Google has recently introduced a new tool called “Posts”, which also works in combination with your Google My Business page to improve your website’s authority and position on the internet.
This new tool has been designed as a simple, yet efficient way to help users boost the visibility of their Google My Business pages and to provide useful information to consumers that come across their pages.
To help you take advantage of Google Posts as part of a successful SEO campaign, we have created a list of easy to follow steps that you can start using today:
- Log in to the Google account that is associated with your Google My Business page.
- Navigate to business.google.com
- If you have more than one Google My Business page, select the business page you wish to create a Google Post for.
- Find “Posts” near the top of the left sidebar.
- Once you are on this page, select the blue camera button, which will open a new post.
- Upload a photo and fill out the “Write your post” section.
- Scroll down to the toggle next to “Add a button” and switch that on – this is where you can add a URL and a call to action.
- Select “Preview” in blue near the top right corner of the post, which will then show you what your post will look like, including the hyperlink that is turned into a “Learn More” button.
- If you are happy with how your post looks, select “Publish” and you are all done!
Now that you have created your first post via your Google My Business page, the public – current and potential customers – will be able to view your post directly below your business’s contact information on your Google My Business page as shown below:
One of the great things about Google Posts is that once you have published a post, you will be able to view the statistics, or what Google calls Insights, for the post. This will keep track of how many views and clicks your posts are getting and should help you with your strategy as you continue to post in the future.
These posts are currently only being published directly to your Google My Business page for 7 days so it is important to make sure you are using this new Posts feature on a regular basis to keep your page current and attract as much traffic as possible.
If you are interested in finding out more about how Google Posts can be used as part of a successful SEO strategy or need help getting your Google My Business page setup, give us a call today – we would love to discuss how we can help you and your business!
A thriving Canadian entrepreneur. A loving father and husband. A blossoming philanthropist. The CEO of an innovative Digital Marketing Agency. Johnstone has mastered the art of digital marketing on numerous platforms (Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram - to name a few) which has given him the unique ability to assist hundreds of loan officers, realtors, lawyers, financial planners, and insurance agents with growing their businesses online. He continues to grow his skills and hone his craft and is ready to bring you up to speed on the latest and greatest in the digital marketing world!
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free
one-on-one marketing consultation with our team of digital marketing experts
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Benefits of Using AI in Marketing Your Business February 28, 2023
- How To Book Your Calendar Solid November 30, 2022
- Special Guests on the Loan Officer Wealth Podcast October 26, 2022